Past & Present

 1933 Club Founded as Melville Yacht Club
Oct 21st 1933 – First Open Day
1934 Completed Club Rooms
1940 First Life Membership Gold Medallion Presented
1947 Changed name to East Fremantle-Melville Yacht Club
1960 Family Lounge was built
Power Boat memberships became available
1961 Club was incorporated and changed name to East Fremantle Yacht
Club
1970 Keelboat Section formed
Ian Donaldson elected as inaugural Captain
1974 Members Bar was built
1983 Observation Lounge was built
1990 Club Gymnasium and Sauna facility built
1993 Major refurbishment to Members Bar and Family Lounge
Partnership established with Cockburn Dragon Boat Club
2001 Refurbishment of Function Centre
2002 Plans for redevelopment of Club
Completed a substantial balcony extension
2008 Pen Development

Future Direction

The Clubs 10 year plan provides for additional pen accommodation, parking, extensions and renovations to the existing Club House and the development of sail training for Junior and Senior members.